Wednesday, September 3, 2008

September Financial Goals

Well since this blog is a way for me to on up and record my progress I'm going to join Crystal's monthly update. Since I didn't do this in August there really isn't much to update so instead I'm going to post the goals I'd like to achieve this month.

  1. Find a job. I had to quit the job I had at U-Haul because of poor employeer practices. I have enough money to cover expenses this month and next but I need to find employment soon to bring in a steady flow of income.
  2. Create a budget. I think I'm going to do this one with my boyfriend.He has agreed to help me pay bills at my apartment because he uses as much if not more of the electricity and water and tv than me. We've also been dating for almost 2 years and this will be a good exercise to see where we both stand on our views towards money and where we need to compromise when we choose to get married.
  3. Maintain at least a 2.7 GPA. Although not primarily a financial goal, I must have a 2.7 GPA at the university in order to move up to junior level courses in the spring(this is my first semester there). This is more like protecting an investment so I don't go wasting money and time on classes this spring that don't go toward my degree.
  4. Save up $500 for a winter course. This is a multi-month goal to be completed after I get a job but before December. Before I can take any junior levels I have to get this histor class out of the way at a community college. I rather not take finiancial aid out on it.

So those are my goals. How about you?

No comments: